mardi 31 mai 2016

Noob help with custom rom setup

Evening Everyone,
I am attempting to roll my own android version from this base and following instructions from this guide. I did the instructions from the base and installed the stock version just fine. I run linux at home and I didn't need to unpack the system.img.ext4 file, just mounted it and was able to edit. There wasn't a system/apps folder in the image, but there was app/ and it looked like that was where the core apks were stored.

I removed samsung junk, unmounted the image, zipped it back up with all the other files that came with the original zip from the link. When I go to install (TWRP) I get the error:: could not find 'meta-inf/com/google/android/update-binary' in the zip file :: but when I open the zip file it is definitely there. Is there a config file I need to edit also?

Trying to remove the bloatware on my own and will add my own prefered apps once I can get this down. I haven't decided if I want to also remove the google apps and only install a very light weight version. Eventually I might try rom editing, but not sure how deep I want to go down the rabbit hole. Trying to install Marshmallow on sprint galaxy s5. TWRP version is 3.0.2-1

Any help to get me started is greatly appreciated!!


from xda-developers http://ift.tt/1sKccap
via IFTTT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire